Re: [Openerp-community] [Question #183892]: Removing purchase order lines does not cancel procurement

Re: [Openerp-community] [Question #183892]: Removing purchase order lines does not cancel procurement

Guewen Baconnier @ Camptocamp-2
Question #183892 on OpenERP Addons changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+question/183892

Guewen Baconnier @ Camptocamp posted a new comment:
Hi Amit,

Sorry, I missed your answer.

I was specifically speaking about purchase orders in a make to stock
context and not as make to order.

The purchase order has been generated because we do not have enough stock according to our minimum stock rules.
But I still must have the possibility to cancel the generated need if I consider that I won't need my product anymore over a period for example.

If I'm in a situation where my product is the only product in the
purchase order, I can delete the purchase order -> in my memory, it
cancels the procurement, is that right?

Now, I have 2 products in my purchase order and I want to cancel only
one of them -> I have to unlink the po line, search for the procurement
and manually unlink / cancel it.

It seems to be a lack if I can do that for a whole purchase order but
not for a po line.

Otherwise, if it is assumed that the unlink operation on a po line
should not cancel any procurement, so I would think that the unlink of a
purchase order should not cancel any procurement neither.

I think that the actual behavior is not consistent ?

What do you think ?

Thanks
Guewen

OpenERP Committers, which is an answer contact for OpenERP Addons.