[Openerp-community] update new module list

[Openerp-community] update new module list

loïc Lauréote

Hello,

I develop modules on openerp and i have a problem to update the module list of  openerp.
Now i add my new modules  in addons and the problem is  when i reload the server the module doesn't
appear at the fisrt try.

Is there an easy efficience way to update the list of new modules ?

Thanks you  !

Lauréote Loïc

Re: [Openerp-community] update new module list

Alejandro Santana
Hello, Lauréote.

Have you tried launching OpenERP server with '--update=all' option?

--
Alejandro Santana
~

Hello,

I develop modules on openerp and i have a problem to update the module list of  openerp.
Now i add my new modules  in addons and the problem is  when i reload the server the module doesn't
appear at the fisrt try.

Is there an easy efficience way to update the list of new modules ?

Thanks you  !

Lauréote Loïc

Re: [Openerp-community] update new module list

loïc Lauréote
Thanks Alejandro,
I tried your "--update=all", I'm not sure it works all the times,
a log message of new modules installed in the terminal or somewhere would be usefull.

It's weird because when you modify an XML file, you need to uninstall and reinstall, but with a .py you need to do different way.... :/

Other question, maybe something to put somewhere in another thread,
Their is no rollback system when a module installation goes bad. When a module install broke something, it's impossible
to clean the environment. I don't want to develop something before to be sure, i do thing the good way.

thks !

Loïc  Lauréote

Re: [Openerp-community] update new module list

Alejandro Santana
Weird. Usually, when modifying .xml (like views) you need to reload the server with the "--update=all" option (nothing about uninstall, unless you break database). For .py usually reloading the server is enough.

When reloading the server with the "--update=all" option, it writes to a log the result of loading modules. Do you find any error in the log file?

--
Alejandro Santana
~
ANUBÍA, soluciones en la nube, S.L.
Plaza Fernando Conde Montero Ríos, 9
36201, Vigo (Pontevedra)

Thanks Alejandro,
I tried your "--update=all", I'm not sure it works all the times,
a log message of new modules installed in the terminal or somewhere would be usefull.

It's weird because when you modify an XML file, you need to uninstall and reinstall, but with a .py you need to do different way.... :/

Other question, maybe something to put somewhere in another thread,
Their is no rollback system when a module installation goes bad. When a module install broke something, it's impossible
to clean the environment. I don't want to develop something before to be sure, i do thing the good way.

thks !

Loïc  Lauréote

Re: [Openerp-community] update new module list

Paul Catinean
1. Add the addons path in the configuration file that you are loading
2. Restart the server using that configuration file
3. Make sure that the addons path you added contains the actual modules inside (in some cases you add a addons path that contains a directory inside and inside that directory the actual modules, such cases will not work and you need to provide the path to where the modules are located)
4. Update module list
5. Go to Installed Modules (for V7) and remove the installed filter i.e make sure you are not looking in Updates

-u all would just reload all installed modules and update .xml files this takes a lot of time and does not help in this sitiuation in this situation

Regards,
Paul

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 7:27 PM, Alejandro Santana <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Erdem Uney
Also, don't forget that -u all would break all the database changes made manually. As far as I know there is no command line argument to update the module list. Restart the server and click from the menu update module list as stated before.

Update module list command would be very useful also, update module list does not remove the module that have actually deleted from the folder.

Regards,
Erdem