[Openerp-community] community list topics

[Openerp-community] community list topics

Aristóbulo Meneses
Hello,

I want to propose to split discussion topics in technical and general, so if I only want to receive technical related community emails I will just susbcribe to that list.
And if you are brave enough to receive general discussion you can subscribe to that list.

Have a nice day.

--
La experiencia es la más dura maestra;
primero pone la prueba, luego dá la explicación...

Re: [Openerp-community] community list topics

David Arnold - El Alemán
Hello Aristobulo,
I completely agree, and again want to advocate an even more advanced threaded forum solution, where you can have email abonnements. I mean there are good reasons why github issues are designed the way they are, and there are good reasons why github is very successful in the marketplace.

But still many people love the tools they are used to. It's understandable and in some ways also efficient inertia. Anyhow, i think it is time for a change in the way community communicates. I'm completele inline with you on this.

Alternatives:
- shift to https://www.odoo.com/page/odoo-community on the longer run (maybe reduce usage in favor of better tools)
- http://www.discourse.org/ (one better tool)
- an improved odoo forum module (as proposed by some OCA protagonists)

​my 2 cents: tools matters​