[Openerp-community] Request for Inclusion of Module into OCA/partner-contact

[Openerp-community] Request for Inclusion of Module into OCA/partner-contact

David Arnold - El Alemán
Hello Community, mainly OCA protagonists in this case

I would like to formally propose a module which I developed yesterday for the partner-contact repository of the OCA. It has some similarities with the passport module (from savoirfairlinux), but a somewhat different use case and therefore different requirements.

Name:
res_partner_fiscal_authentication

Purpose:
In some countries, it is legally necessary to identify a partner by some kind of legal document. You need to know: Document Type, Document Number, and probably even a Scan of this Document.

Features:
It extends the res.partner class with those three information entities and adds a document type class which can be csv-preconfigured by localizations. It furthermore includes two hooks for customized validation-and-formatting and copy/alteration on a per document type basis. Like this you could not only validate but for example also include a reminder, that for a specific document type a scan is mandatory.

Detailed Use Case:
To help your understanding, the concrete use case is the one of Colombia, where we have around 12 different documentation types. Some of them have a validation algorithm available, such as Personal-ID, Colombian-VAT ("NIT") or Colombian Foreigners-ID. If it is a so called "commercial person" (can be natural person or legal entity) it must identifiy with a special Document (and only this one), called RUT with an ID number called NIT. This RUT must be shown (a copy) as support at moment of tax declaration in order to make expenses deductible. Therefore it must be possible to return a boolean value from the existensce of an uploaded document in order to sort move-lines into special reporting entities (eg. analytical accounts) for the tax P&L declaration.
To compare it with other coutries: If a scan of the RUT is registered and the NIT is extracted and formatted, this situation (copy available  AND number extracted) would correspond to the existence of a VAT number on this special partner, so we want to mimic this behaviour which sometimes is meaningful in other modules. Therfore we want to copy the NIT, transform it into it's international format (so that it can be also occasionally validated by python's vatnumber) and copy it to the vat field. This is what we want to achiev with the copy hook procedure, but which can be used as any type of procedure with self (res.partner) as readily available input.

I think OCA is the right place, because it is configured mainly programatically, might be extended to similar use case patterns in other countries/situations, havs its main use in localization/cusomization, is kept generic have use cases in other countries and is due tu the modular design not very difficult to maintain.

It is written in the new api style and works on V8rc1, so far.

Limitations/Todos:
    • One known limitation relates to bug [1]
    • Another limitation is that might get fixed easily with the right knowledge, that the parent model fields are not acssible on the children class identation level, i couldn't figure it out how to do it, maybe with the new api this is also a kind of framework limitation and can only be fixed by workarounds, I don't know, so I hope someone can probably help out with this. (see TODOs in the code, related: [2])
    • Maybe some GUI improvements, but actually this should probably be done at time of customization... (Related: [3])

Thank you in davance for your assessment. If your result will be positive, please indicate me the next steps to perform. (I would porbably say, that the quality assurance can be done on a PR already?)

Thank you and kind regards

David

El Alemán S.A.S

David Arnold BA HSG / Gerente
315 304 13 68/ [hidden email]

El Alemán S.A.S Office: +57 (1) 651 3766 / Fax: +57 (1) 651 3772
CRA 13 93 40 P4, Bogotá, Colombia
http://www.elaleman.co

Facebook

This e-mail message may contain confidential or legally privileged information and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information herein is prohibited. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, or contain viruses. Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is deemed to have accepted these risks. El Aleman S.A.S is not responsible for errors or omissions in this message and denies any responsibility for any damage arising from the use of e-mail. Any opinion and other statement contained in this message and any attachment are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

Re: [Openerp-community] Request for Inclusion of Module into OCA/partner-contact

Daniel Reis (SECURITAS SA)-3
I would expect this to be discussed as an Issue on the GitHub project
or, better yet, as a Pull Request.

Regards
DR

Re: [Openerp-community] Request for Inclusion of Module into OCA/partner-contact

Holger Brunn

Re: [Openerp-community] Request for Inclusion of Module into OCA/partner-contact

David Arnold - El Alemán
Thank you, Daniel & Holger
so for me to understand, as there is still a lot of uncertainty about the right workfloe, what I got to do would be:
  1. clone partner-contact repor onto my own github account
  2. clone this remote repo onto my local ide (pycharm)
  3. copy the module folder from the odoo-colombia repo to my blaggacao github-repo
  4. commit & push
  5. and then make a PR over the github website onto partner-contact?
Maybe something like this should go onto every repos readme or a contributing.md? This is a task I can tak, if it is discussed/agreed.

Best, David

[...]

Nhomar Hernández

Maybe something like this should go onto every repos readme or a contributing.md? This is a task I can tak, if it is discussed/agreed.

This is the obvious or normal form to make a PR. IMHO just reading the normal flow of github is enought (hundreds of manuals on youtube for that).

Every commiter has his own way to do that, we work directly before develop on the original fork to make a PR in the future other do other things, to mantain older contributions and commits history extracting modules.

For your case, it is enought.

--
--------------------
Saludos Cordiales

Nhomar G. Hernandez M.
+58-414-4110269
Skype: nhomar00
Web-Blog: http://geronimo.com.ve
Servicios IT: http://vauxoo.com
Linux-Counter: 467724
Correos:
twitter @nhomar

Re: [Openerp-community] Request for Inclusion of Module into OCA/partner-contact

David Arnold - El Alemán

IMHO just reading the normal flow of github is enought

​The small picture: I just thought, because in some way other people might encounter the same reasons for which I asked (and might not ask)​. I think, the question is less how to do a pull request in the end, but how to do a formal inclusion request, which would result beeing a pull request according to this discussion.

The bigger picture: It comes to my mind, because there are many satellite modules about odoo around the globe and only a rather small percentage of people working on odoo is probably already familliar with OCA. I think it is important, that OCA would reach out to actively capture this "hidden" community. And one thing doing this is probably answering such questions before they even come up ;)

2cts

Re: [Openerp-community] Request for Inclusion of Module into OCA/partner-contact

Humberto Arocha

It happens that I could be late to the discussion but better late than never,

It seems to me that a generic module like the way base_vat module in odoo was the developed should the module to go into OCA, and keeping the more specific parts for something like OCA-Localizations, this way anyone can leverage from your development while the parts regarding localizations do not interfere with other localizations.

Best regards

On Aug 3, 2014 4:58 AM, "Daniel Reis" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would expect this to be discussed as an Issue on the GitHub project or, better yet, as a Pull Request.

Regards
DR

Re: [Openerp-community] Request for Inclusion of Module into OCA/partner-contact

David Arnold - El Alemán
Hello Humberto

thanks for your commeents, indeed there is already a pull request pending:

Best regards,

[...]

Re: [Openerp-community] Request for Inclusion of Module into OCA/partner-contact - base_vat

Ferdinand Gassauer
On 2014-08-19 16:28, Humberto Arocha wrote:

please see
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~camptocamp/c2c-rd-addons/6.1/files/head:/base_vat_check/
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~camptocamp/c2c-rd-addons/7.0/files/head:/base_vat_check/
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~camptocamp/c2c-rd-addons/8.0/files/head:/base_vat_check/

the Austrian and probably all other EU-regulation require to document the check and the result

the checks should probably be done and failure reported  on a regulary bases

It happens that I could be late to the discussion but better late than never,

It seems to me that a generic module like the way base_vat module in odoo was the developed should the module to go into OCA, and keeping the more specific parts for something like OCA-Localizations, this way anyone can leverage from your development while the parts regarding localizations do not interfere with other localizations.

Best regards

On Aug 3, 2014 4:58 AM, "Daniel Reis" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would expect this to be discussed as an Issue on the GitHub project or, better yet, as a Pull Request.

Regards
DR

Ferdinand Gassauer
Eigentümer
ChriCar Bet. u. Ber. GmbH

Re: [Openerp-community] Request for Inclusion of Module into OCA/partner-contact - base_vat

Humberto Arocha

Thanks mister Ferdinand you're are always pristine to clarify things,

Best regards

Re: [Openerp-community] Request for Inclusion of Module into OCA/partner-contact - base_vat

David Arnold - El Alemán
Thanks Ferdinand,

It is a nice module!

The requirements here are a module which registeres a scanned identification document and the according number (because you need number and scanned copy)... This could be a child, a grandpa, a commercial person, a normal person, a legal person, a statal entity, etc... you need to report the type of identification (can be passport in some cases, or ID card) It is indeed a identification which is required by fiscal entities like VAT, the link between the two is, that the fiscal identification of a legal person (only) could happen to be a valid VAT.

Were you aware of the detailed requirements?

Best, David

On 2014-08-20 03:21, David Arnold - El Alemán wrote:

Hello David

Not sure to understand what you mean

we get an invoice or oder (=document) from a partner and we check the EAN using the button - so we can "see" if the ean belongs to the partner.
the documents are part of accouting archive and hence do not need to be archived separately.
an "unsolved" problem  are telefon orders. if the rganisation wants a document the order must be done in writing.