[Openerp-community] Reopen a paid invoice

[Openerp-community] Reopen a paid invoice

Markus Schneider
Hi community,

My situation:
A customer has a order paying with a external payment gateway. We
generating a invoice and we see the money on our bank account we
reconcile the invoice as paid. Everything fine.

The problem:
Now it is possible that the customer can go to his bank and return his
money. In this case, we want to add a new account.move and link it to
the existing invoice and set them back to unpaid. (Reconsile it later if
he pay with a other payment method or send him payment reminder and all
the payment follow-up stuff).

Hint:
We don't want to modified the existing account.move and avoid cancel in
accounting.

Question:
Has someone implement a module doing this or something similar?

Kind Regards

Markus

--
Dipl.-Comp.-Math. Markus Schneider
Softwareentwickler

initOS GmbH & Co. KG
An der Eisenbahn 1
21224 Rosengarten

Mobil:   +49 (0)172 2303699
Phone:   +49 (0)4105 5615613
Fax:     +49 (0)4105 5615610

Email:   [hidden email]
Web:     http://www.initos.com

Geschäftsführung:
Dipl. Wirt.-Inf. Frederik Kramer & Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Torsten Francke
Haftende Gesellschafterin: initOS Verwaltungs GmbH

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Rosengarten – Klecken
Amtsgericht Tostedt, HRA 201840
USt-IdNr: DE 275698169
Steuer-Nr: 15/205/21402

Re: [Openerp-community] Reopen a paid invoice

Pedro Manuel Baeza Romero
Hi, Markus,

I adapted some time ago a module that was made by another company a concept more or less like your requirements, but have three problems:
  • Module is for 6.1, though I think you won't have too much troubles to port it to 7.0/8.0.
  • Modularity: code for importing a specific spanish file format is mixed in the module, because the budget was very restrictive and it was not possible to split it.
  • And the main problem is that the original approach takes the invoice as the base for the payment return, instead of the account move lines, so it has problems with invoices with more than one payment terms. This is much more difficult to change, and I wasn't able to do it also in the budget I had.

If you work a little in this, this can be an excellent OCA module. Let me know if you have any doubt.

Regards.

[...]

Mobil:   <a href="tel:%2B49%20%280%29172%202303699" value="+491722303699">+49 (0)172 2303699
Phone:   <a href="tel:%2B49%20%280%294105%205615613" value="+4941055615613">+49 (0)4105 5615613
Fax:     <a href="tel:%2B49%20%280%294105%205615610" value="+4941055615610">+49 (0)4105 5615610

l10n_es_devolucion_remesas.zip (24K) Download Attachment

Re: [Openerp-community] Reopen a paid invoice

Markus Schneider
Hi Pedro,

thank you for sharing. I have a first check of the module and i like the
solution.

I think of the following steps are need:

* ported to OpenERP 7
* removing wizard "account_payment_order" that the module is not depend
on "account_payment_extension" any more (can be separate module)
* removing wizard "payment_order_return_import_c19_wizard" no need (can
be separate module)
* "payment_returned" as boolean on account.invoice is the simplest
solution, the final goal maybe to modified workflow (i need to check the
details)

I will spend some time on thinking and then start working on that and
share if i have some working solution ;)

Kind Regards

On 08.07.2014 19:34, Pedro Manuel Baeza Romero wrote:

> [...]
>
>     Sitz der Gesellschaft: Rosengarten – Klecken
>     Amtsgericht Tostedt, HRA 201840
>     USt-IdNr: DE 275698169
>     Steuer-Nr: 15/205/21402

Dipl.-Comp.-Math. Markus Schneider
Softwareentwickler

initOS GmbH & Co. KG
An der Eisenbahn 1
21224 Rosengarten

Mobil:   +49 (0)172 2303699
Phone:   +49 (0)4105 5615613
Fax:     +49 (0)4105 5615610

Email:   [hidden email]
Web:     http://www.initos.com

Geschäftsführung:
Dipl. Wirt.-Inf. Frederik Kramer & Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Torsten Francke
Haftende Gesellschafterin: initOS Verwaltungs GmbH

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Rosengarten – Klecken
Amtsgericht Tostedt, HRA 201840
USt-IdNr: DE 275698169
Steuer-Nr: 15/205/21402

Re: [Openerp-community] Reopen a paid invoice

About the workflow against payment_returned flag, I preferred the second one not to change state, so that we don't break any existing functionality that depends on invoice states, that's why I implemented that way.

Regards.

> [...]

Softwareentwickler

initOS GmbH & Co. KG
An der Eisenbahn 1
21224 Rosengarten

Mobil:   <a href="tel:%2B49%20%280%29172%202303699" value="+491722303699">+49 (0)172 2303699
Phone:   <a href="tel:%2B49%20%280%294105%205615613" value="+4941055615613">+49 (0)4105 5615613
Fax:     <a href="tel:%2B49%20%280%294105%205615610" value="+4941055615610">+49 (0)4105 5615610

Email:   [hidden email]
Web:     http://www.initos.com

Geschäftsführung:
Dipl. Wirt.-Inf. Frederik Kramer & Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Torsten Francke
Haftende Gesellschafterin: initOS Verwaltungs GmbH

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Rosengarten – Klecken
Amtsgericht Tostedt, HRA 201840
USt-IdNr: DE 275698169
Steuer-Nr: 15/205/21402

Re: [Openerp-community] Reopen a paid invoice

Eric Flaux
RE: [Openerp-community] Reopen a paid invoice

Hi Markus,

I made a fonction to cancel invoice on an old version (4.2) with a wkf transition back from paid to open (forget about this one it is too old, Pedro's one should be much easier to migrate to 8.0).

Obviously, the paid activity has to be changed from "flow_stop" to normal.

This worked perfectly, but...

As the invoice wkf is a subflow of the sale order one, this had a drawback: the wkf engine needs a flow stop activity to get out of the subflow and carry on in the parent wkf. When the invoice was paid, the order wkf could not progress anymore.

I had to hack the wkf engine to overcome this problem. My opinion is that this has not to be considered as a bug in Odoo, as we do use it normally in this case.

I do not know if this still happens with new versions, but be careful to include this test in your dev, so as you are sure you have no side effect taking out the flow_stop activity.

Regards,

Eric Flaux

ABF Osiell

Immeuble Omega

Rue Jean-Marie David

ZAC de la Teillais

35740 PACE

Tél: 09.72.30.30.29

Mob: 06.84.49.86.71

E-mail:[hidden email]

www.osiell.com

Re: [Openerp-community] Reopen a paid invoice

Markus Schneider

thank you Eric for the infos of changing workflow.

Now i m looking in the details. What i don't want is to delete the
reconsile. Just want to create a reverse account.move. I found the
module "account_reversal" and thinking to use this instead of copy the
function. But there the account.move will be validated and maybe we need
the change amount than it easy to adapt this one. Always not easy.

Kind Regards

Markus

On 09.07.2014 10:08, Markus Schneider wrote:

> [...]
>>
>>     Sitz der Gesellschaft: Rosengarten – Klecken
>>     Amtsgericht Tostedt, HRA 201840
>>     USt-IdNr: DE 275698169
>>     Steuer-Nr: 15/205/21402

Dipl.-Comp.-Math. Markus Schneider
Softwareentwickler

initOS GmbH & Co. KG
An der Eisenbahn 1
21224 Rosengarten

Mobil:   +49 (0)172 2303699
Phone:   +49 (0)4105 5615613
Fax:     +49 (0)4105 5615610

Email:   [hidden email]
Web:     http://www.initos.com

Geschäftsführung:
Dipl. Wirt.-Inf. Frederik Kramer & Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Torsten Francke
Haftende Gesellschafterin: initOS Verwaltungs GmbH

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Rosengarten – Klecken
Amtsgericht Tostedt, HRA 201840
USt-IdNr: DE 275698169
Steuer-Nr: 15/205/21402

Re: [Openerp-community] Reopen a paid invoice

What Eric exposes is the reason why I didn't change the workflow.

About reconcilements, you don't have to take care of them or keep them, because you always get the date trace with the account moves, so the easiest operation is to delete old reconcilement, and make another one with all the account moves, and the balance will be correct. In this way, you can pay, return, pay again, return again, etc, with the same method, having always a correct invoice state managed by reconcile object.

Regards.

Ferdinand Gassauer
On 2014-07-10 11:33, Pedro Manuel Baeza Romero wrote:

This is a module that reopens the invoice, but handles the account moves in a correct way not deleting them but creating inverse bookings

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~camptocamp/c2c-rd-addons/7.0/files/head:/account_invoice_reopen/

> [...]

>>     Email:   [hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>     Web:     http://www.initos.com
>>
>>     Geschäftsführung:
>>     Dipl. Wirt.-Inf. Frederik Kramer & Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Torsten Francke
>>     Haftende Gesellschafterin: initOS Verwaltungs GmbH
>>
>>     Sitz der Gesellschaft: Rosengarten – Klecken
>>     Amtsgericht Tostedt, HRA 201840
>>     USt-IdNr: DE 275698169
>>     Steuer-Nr: 15/205/21402

Dipl.-Comp.-Math. Markus Schneider
Softwareentwickler

initOS GmbH & Co. KG
An der Eisenbahn 1
21224 Rosengarten

Mobil:   <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%2B49%20%280%29172%202303699" value="+491722303699">+49 (0)172 2303699
Phone:   <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%2B49%20%280%294105%205615613" value="+4941055615613">+49 (0)4105 5615613
Fax:     <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%2B49%20%280%294105%205615610" value="+4941055615610">+49 (0)4105 5615610

Email:   [hidden email]
Web:     http://www.initos.com

Geschäftsführung:
Dipl. Wirt.-Inf. Frederik Kramer & Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Torsten Francke
Haftende Gesellschafterin: initOS Verwaltungs GmbH

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Rosengarten – Klecken
Amtsgericht Tostedt, HRA 201840
USt-IdNr: DE 275698169
Steuer-Nr: 15/205/21402

Ferdinand Gassauer
Eigentümer
ChriCar Bet. u. Ber. GmbH

Re: [Openerp-community] Reopen a paid invoice

Pedro Manuel Baeza Romero
Hi, Ferdinand, my module doesn't delete account moves also, but the reconciliations, which is a big difference. I will take a look at the one you talk about.

Regards.

On 2014-07-10 11:33, Pedro Manuel Baeza Romero wrote:

> [...]

Mobil:   <a href="tel:%2B49%20%280%29172%202303699" value="+491722303699" target="_blank">+49 (0)172 2303699
Phone:   <a href="tel:%2B49%20%280%294105%205615613" value="+4941055615613" target="_blank">+49 (0)4105 5615613
Fax:     <a href="tel:%2B49%20%280%294105%205615610" value="+4941055615610" target="_blank">+49 (0)4105 5615610

Email:   [hidden email]
Web:     http://www.initos.com

Geschäftsführung:
Dipl. Wirt.-Inf. Frederik Kramer & Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Torsten Francke
Haftende Gesellschafterin: initOS Verwaltungs GmbH

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Rosengarten – Klecken
Amtsgericht Tostedt, HRA 201840
USt-IdNr: DE 275698169
Steuer-Nr: 15/205/21402

Ferdinand Gassauer
Eigentümer
ChriCar Bet. u. Ber. GmbH

Re: [Openerp-community] Reopen a paid invoice

I have already checked the module you mentioned, Ferdinand, and the technique is similar, but there are some extra hacks that doesn't like me, like renaming attachments, and the check of the accounts to "re-reconcile" is for the account payable or account receivable of the partner, but if you change this account on that invoice, you won't get the invoice correctly re-opened. You are writing values directly in reconcile object instead of calling reconcile method, and this can have side effects across versions (but not tested). I also don't see visible mark for the returned invoices, which is something people want to know.

I don't want to sound rude in my review, but it's in order to take into consideration for building a better module than the current two, what is what Markus wants.

Regards.

On 2014-07-12 12:30, Pedro Manuel Baeza Romero wrote:

Thank you for your comments
  • renaming the attachment:
    how do you keep track of the previous generated pdf versions ?
  • reconcile method: you are probably right, I should change this
  • visible mark: what should this be?

btw: I would suggest to "merge" the modules -  odoo should not have 2 variants if not absolutely necessary.

the module was a quick hack, because a client made to many errors issuing invoices ....

On 2014-07-10 11:33, Pedro Manuel Baeza Romero wrote:

> [...]

Fax:     <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%2B49%20%280%294105%205615610" value="+4941055615610" target="_blank">+49 (0)4105 5615610

Email:   [hidden email]
Web:     http://www.initos.com

Geschäftsführung:
Dipl. Wirt.-Inf. Frederik Kramer & Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Torsten Francke
Haftende Gesellschafterin: initOS Verwaltungs GmbH

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Rosengarten – Klecken
Amtsgericht Tostedt, HRA 201840
USt-IdNr: DE 275698169
Steuer-Nr: 15/205/21402

Ferdinand Gassauer
Eigentümer
ChriCar Bet. u. Ber. GmbH

Ferdinand Gassauer
Eigentümer
ChriCar Bet. u. Ber. GmbH

Re: [Openerp-community] Reopen a paid invoice

now i want to submit my migrated module i give it the new name
"account_payment_return"

i am unsure in which repository:

https://github.com/OCA/account-financial-tools/tree/7.0
https://github.com/OCA/account-payment/tree/7.0

From the function it is more to the first one, from the name you would
more aspect be in the second one. I see no reason to have two
repositories for this related areas, but this is a other topic.

Any suggestion?

I try to translate the option from Spanish to English by google
translate, so there is still some improvements.

Kind Regards

Markus

--
Dipl.-Comp.-Math. Markus Schneider
Softwareentwickler

initOS GmbH & Co. KG
An der Eisenbahn 1
21224 Rosengarten

Mobil:   +49 (0)172 2303699
Phone:   +49 (0)4105 5615613
Fax:     +49 (0)4105 5615610

Email:   [hidden email]
Web:     http://www.initos.com

Geschäftsführung:
Dipl. Wirt.-Inf. Frederik Kramer & Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Torsten Francke
Haftende Gesellschafterin: initOS Verwaltungs GmbH

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Rosengarten – Klecken
Amtsgericht Tostedt, HRA 201840
USt-IdNr: DE 275698169
Steuer-Nr: 15/205/21402

Re: [Openerp-community] Reopen a paid invoice

Joël Grand-Guillaume @ camptocamp
Hi Markus,

May be account invoicing is a better place as it concerns this topic, what do you think ?

Regards,

Joël

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 4:53 PM, Markus Schneider <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

now i want to submit my migrated module i give it the new name
"account_payment_return"

i am unsure in which repository:

https://github.com/OCA/account-financial-tools/tree/7.0
https://github.com/OCA/account-payment/tree/7.0

From the function it is more to the first one, from the name you would

--
Dipl.-Comp.-Math. Markus Schneider
Softwareentwickler

initOS GmbH & Co. KG
An der Eisenbahn 1
21224 Rosengarten

Mobil:   <a href="tel:%2B49%20%280%29172%202303699" value="+491722303699">+49 (0)172 2303699
Phone:   <a href="tel:%2B49%20%280%294105%205615613" value="+4941055615613">+49 (0)4105 5615613
Fax:     <a href="tel:%2B49%20%280%294105%205615610" value="+4941055615610">+49 (0)4105 5615610

Email:   [hidden email]
Web:     http://www.initos.com

Geschäftsführung:
Dipl. Wirt.-Inf. Frederik Kramer & Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Torsten Francke
Haftende Gesellschafterin: initOS Verwaltungs GmbH

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Rosengarten – Klecken
Amtsgericht Tostedt, HRA 201840
USt-IdNr: DE 275698169
Steuer-Nr: 15/205/21402

camptocamp
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
BY OPEN SOURCE EXPERTS

Joël Grand-Guillaume
Division Manager
Business Solutions

+41 21 619 10 28

Re: [Openerp-community] Reopen a paid invoice

Markus Schneider
hi Joël,

to many overlapping repositories.

May i can try to overview of the repositories:

account invoicing - most modules for generating new invoice
account payment - most modules for handle payment of invoice
account financial tools - general accounting modules + modules to cancel
invoice

2-3 modules maybe better in a other repositories but other topic ;)

I think i will select account-payment. For two ressons:
- already migrated to github (account invoicing has ne Maintainer)
- Pedro is maintainer of this repositorie

Thanks

Markus

--
Dipl.-Comp.-Math. Markus Schneider
Softwareentwickler

initOS GmbH & Co. KG
An der Eisenbahn 1
21224 Rosengarten

Mobil:   +49 (0)172 2303699
Phone:   +49 (0)4105 5615613
Fax:     +49 (0)4105 5615610

Email:   [hidden email]
Web:     http://www.initos.com

Geschäftsführung:
Dipl. Wirt.-Inf. Frederik Kramer & Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Torsten Francke
Haftende Gesellschafterin: initOS Verwaltungs GmbH

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Rosengarten – Klecken
Amtsgericht Tostedt, HRA 201840
USt-IdNr: DE 275698169
Steuer-Nr: 15/205/21402

Re: [Openerp-community] Reopen a paid invoice

Markus Schneider
Just create a pull request:

https://github.com/OCA/account-payment/pull/3

On 15.07.2014 09:53, Markus Schneider wrote:

> [...]
>> Business Solutions
>>
>> +41 21 619 10 28
>> www.camptocamp.com <http://www.camptocamp.com/>

--
Dipl.-Comp.-Math. Markus Schneider
Softwareentwickler

initOS GmbH & Co. KG
An der Eisenbahn 1
21224 Rosengarten

Mobil:   +49 (0)172 2303699
Phone:   +49 (0)4105 5615613
Fax:     +49 (0)4105 5615610

Email:   [hidden email]
Web:     http://www.initos.com

Geschäftsführung:
Dipl. Wirt.-Inf. Frederik Kramer & Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Torsten Francke
Haftende Gesellschafterin: initOS Verwaltungs GmbH

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Rosengarten – Klecken
Amtsgericht Tostedt, HRA 201840
USt-IdNr: DE 275698169
Steuer-Nr: 15/205/21402

Re: [Openerp-community] Reopen a paid invoice

Thanks, I will take a look and comment on PR.

Regards.