[Openerp-community] [Question #196552]: Badly created /tmp/oe-sessions with multiple OpenERP v6.1 instances

[Openerp-community] [Question #196552]: Badly created /tmp/oe-sessions with multiple OpenERP v6.1 instances

Eric Caudal - www.openerp.net.cn
New question #196552 on OpenERP Web:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openerp-web/+question/196552

We haver two instances of OpenERP v6.1 in the same server running Ubuntu 10.04.

Each instance has it's own linux user (openerp_1 and openerp_2).

Each instance has a daemon (/var/init.d/openerp_1 and /var/init.d/openerp_2) that is lanched at start time. The owner of the daemon script is root, as well as the group.

When lanched at startup, each instance create a folder in "/tmp" for the web sessions (the folders are "/tmp/oe-sessions-openerp_1" and "/tmp/oe-sessions-openerp_2"). The owner of the folder being "openerp_1" and "openerp_2" respectively.

The problem is that when I restart an instance with the command "sudo /etc/init.d/openerp_1 restart" a new folder is created "/tmp/oe-sessions-root" whose user is "openerp_1".

If I restart the second instance it goes down (the web, not GTK), since it is trying to create again "/tmp/oe-sessions-root"  with user "openerp_2". Is there any way to set how this folders are created?

OpenERP Committers, which is an answer contact for OpenERP Server.

Re: [Openerp-community] [Question #196552]: Badly created /tmp/oe-sessions with multiple OpenERP v6.1 instances

Dominique Chabord
hello

Le 08/05/2012 23:45, Damián Soriano a écrit :
> New question #196552 on OpenERP Web:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/openerp-web/+question/196552
> The problem is that when I restart an instance with the command "sudo /etc/init.d/openerp_1 restart" a new folder is created "/tmp/oe-sessions-root" whose user is "openerp_1".

you should start your server under openerp_1 user
and I guess /etc/init.d/ is not possible for this

regards

--
Dominique Chabord - SISalp

Re: [Openerp-community] [Question #196552]: Badly created /tmp/oe-sessions with multiple OpenERP v6.1 instances

Eric Caudal - www.openerp.net.cn
Question #196552 on OpenERP Server changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+question/196552

Dominique Chabord proposed the following answer:

hello
I don't know your implementation but you should start your server under openerp_1 user
and I think /etc/init.d/ is not possible for this
regards

OpenERP Committers, which is an answer contact for OpenERP Server.

Re: [Openerp-community] [Question #196552]: Badly created /tmp/oe-sessions with multiple OpenERP v6.1 instances

Eric Caudal - www.openerp.net.cn
Question #196552 on OpenERP Server changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+question/196552

Damián Soriano is still having a problem:
But if I have configured the nightly builds to be updated with apt in
ubuntu it just stop the daemons and start them with /etc/init.d/.

And also if I have to restart the servers the only way of doing this is
with /etc/init.d as well.....

OpenERP Committers, which is an answer contact for OpenERP Server.

Re: [Openerp-community] [Question #196552]: Badly created /tmp/oe-sessions with multiple OpenERP v6.1 instances

Eric Caudal - www.openerp.net.cn
Question #196552 on OpenERP Server changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+question/196552

Eric Caudal - www.openerp.net.cn proposed the following answer:
If you start using the service command, I am quite sure that it will use the correct user.
meaning first
$ cd /etc/init.d
$ update-rc.d openerp_1 defaults
(or whatever level you want to have for your daemon)

then
$ service openerp_1 start/stop/restart

Le 09/05/2012 01:15, Damián Soriano a écrit :
> Question #196552 on OpenERP Server changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+question/196552

> Damián Soriano is still having a problem:
> But if I have configured the nightly builds to be updated with apt in
> ubuntu it just stop the daemons and start them with /etc/init.d/.

managing separation across linux users is good. I did this for years.
But it requires a more clever start sequence.

> And also if I have to restart the servers the only way of doing this is
> with /etc/init.d as well.....

no it is not the only way. this depends how your installation organized
things. Few people care about services installation.

--
Dominique Chabord - SISalp
Logiciel libre pour l'entreprise : Gestion OpenERP et Tryton