[Openerp-community] [Question #196467]: Python Set Default Encoding ('utf-8')

[Openerp-community] [Question #196467]: Python Set Default Encoding ('utf-8')

John Chen-2
New question #196467 on OpenERP Server:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+question/196467

Hi OpenERP Team

I can see that Python defaultencoding in OpenERP is ('ascii'). And i have found a way to allow it to become ('utf-8') by using this code:
- import sys
- sys.setdefaultencoding('utf-8')

Questions
1. Is there any impact that may cause system error or others if i set the defaultencoding to ('utf-8')?
2. Is there any way to change the defaultencoding in OpenERP library / configuration / setting? (so i don't need to use import sys, sys.setdefaultencoding('utf-8') in every .py file)

Thanks

John Chen

OpenERP Committers, which is an answer contact for OpenERP Server.

Re: [Openerp-community] [Question #196467]: Python Set Default Encoding ('utf-8')

John Chen-2
Question #196467 on OpenERP Server changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+question/196467

digitalsatori proposed the following answer:
don't rely on default encoding. Always specify encoding explicitly when
converting between unicode and byte string.
If there is any encoding or decoding error, it signal that you specify
encoding wrongly somewhere.

Regards,

Tony Gu