[Openerp-community] Product Variants :: Question

[Openerp-community] Product Variants :: Question

David Arnold - El Alemán
​Is it meant to be, that the new product variants cannot have different procurement costs?

May I broaden this question on what fields are variant sensitive? And add the question if the present set of fields is sensible?
e.g. Image, Internal Ref, EAN (?) can receive different values, but as said above, procurmeent costs cannot.

Re: [Openerp-community] Product Variants :: Question

David Arnold - El Alemán
https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/1198 - I think this issue is justified.

Re: [Openerp-community] Product Variants :: Question

David Arnold - El Alemán
When Installing the manufacturing app from the web screen I get a SaaS-3?!?!?!?!?!
WTF?

Re: [Openerp-community] Product Variants :: Question

Eric Caudal - www.elico-corp.com
Hi David,
It is probably late over there...

Your message is not explicit and probably not meant for the community list ;)
Eric CAUDAL
Eric Caudal
On 07/16/2014 09:39 AM, David Arnold - El Alemán wrote:
When Installing the manufacturing app from the web screen I get a SaaS-3?!?!?!?!?!
WTF?

Re: [Openerp-community] Product Variants :: Question

David Arnold - El Alemán
Hello Eric, it's late and I got quite frustrated today as I was planning to load my company data prepared in spreadsheets already on v8. The arguments of Anthony Lesuisse convinced me, that 3 weeks of internal testing would give a rather stable version with only minor bugs. Then i realized that I cannot parametrize any of my products sensibly as it seems the product variant/template logic is very very VERY VERY buggy (see comment on the github issue from Nhomar).

And now I see that whatever SaaS im trying to set up for testing, I'm only getting a SaaS-3. Can anyone confimr that the SaaS offer has been reverted to SaaS-3? (Just 5 hours ago, I got a V8)

If that's true, it perfectly makes sense, because this new product / variant thing was just not ready. I cannot imagine anyone be able to go live with this. And I feel very sorry for those who where forced to on the SaaS offer...

I might get something terribly wrong here, but I wasn't used to be thumb...

Re: [Openerp-community] Product Variants :: Question

Nhomar Hernández

Hello Eric, it's late and I got quite frustrated today as I was planning to load my company data prepared in spreadsheets already on v8. The arguments of Anthony Lesuisse convinced me, that 3 weeks of internal testing would give a rather stable version with only minor bugs. Then i realized that I cannot parametrize any of my products sensibly as it seems the product variant/template logic is very very VERY VERY buggy (see comment on the github issue from Nhomar).

But David, please don't mix thing, community list is not to say your thoughts aloud.

And then, I complain privately (with my enterprise licence) and publicaly (on github) which are the right places and has the right strategy to solve the issue(s).

It is clear that v8.0 "Is not ready" if you decide unilaterally don't hear that or your are not prepared you are on your own :-(

Sadly that is the message that Eric is trying to let you know.

Complain with the words you used bring us (who what help as you know we do) only noise, nothing positive.

Thanks and I hope you understand.

Regards.

--
--------------------
Saludos Cordiales

Nhomar G. Hernandez M.
+58-414-4110269
Skype: nhomar00
Web-Blog: http://geronimo.com.ve
Servicios IT: http://vauxoo.com
Linux-Counter: 467724
Correos:
twitter @nhomar

Re: [Openerp-community] Product Variants :: Question

David Arnold - El Alemán
Sorry, indeed it was an unredacted massage.
If anyone can confirm that SaaS has been reverted, it might help me (and probably others) interprete the situation about V8 better...

Some relevant decision which I would have to make is, to go with SaaS 3 instead for example. (Need for POS) Or bite the bullet and just wait.

I feel indeed a bit like in Colombia about this release... hahaha ;)