[Openerp-community] Performance in accounting reports

[Openerp-community] Performance in accounting reports

Georges Racinet
Hi there,

are there significant performance improvements these times on the big
accounting reports, such as the general ledger ?

I know this is a recurring question, but I'd like to get a clear
picture of the current state of the art, rather than crawling archives
and numerous bug reports, and maybe missing the main part.

We have a case to solve of a 6.0 database on which the general ledger
is so slow and resource intensive that it does not complete before the
human timeout (about 1h) while bringing overall the server to its knees.

Re: [Openerp-community] Performance in accounting reports

Georges Racinet
Le 01/06/2012 08:58, Nicolas Bessi a écrit :
> You should have a look at webkit financial report. We have rewritten all the financials report in webkit to fit high volumetry and multi currency/company needs.
>
> https://launchpad.net/c2c-financial-addons

Thanks, we'll take a look at it, and especially the 6.0 branch for that
case.

Regards,

> Regards
>
> Nicolas
>
> Le 31 mai 2012 à 16:16, Georges Racinet a écrit :
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> are there significant performance improvements these times on the big accounting reports, such as the general ledger ?
>>
>> I know this is a recurring question, but I'd like to get a clear picture of the current state of the art, rather than crawling archives and numerous bug reports, and maybe missing the main part.
>>
>> We have a case to solve of a 6.0 database on which the general ledger is so slow and resource intensive that it does not complete before the human timeout (about 1h) while bringing overall the server to its knees.
>>
>> Regards,

> Nicolas Bessi
> Senior ERP consultant
> Business Solution technical manager
>
> Camptocamp SA
> PSE A
> CH-1015 Lausanne
> http://openerp.camptocamp.com
>
> Phone: +41 21 619 10 26
> Office: +41 21 619 10 10
> Fax : +41 21 619 10 00

Re: [Openerp-community] Performance in accounting reports

Stefan Rijnhart (Therp)
On 05/31/2012 04:16 PM, Georges Racinet wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> are there significant performance improvements these times on the big
> accounting reports, such as the general ledger ?
>
> I know this is a recurring question, but I'd like to get a clear
> picture of the current state of the art, rather than crawling archives
> and numerous bug reports, and maybe missing the main part.
>
> We have a case to solve of a 6.0 database on which the general ledger
> is so slow and resource intensive that it does not complete before the
> human timeout (about 1h) while bringing overall the server to its knees.

Hi George,

You could have a look at this bug and the associated branches by Vauxoo
(also note the superseded merge request and its discussion). If you
could get the chance to see if this code works for you, maybe you could
report that back as an incentive to restart the process of merging it
into the core.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/887376

Cheers,
Stefan.

--
Therp - Maatwerk in open ontwikkeling

Stefan Rijnhart - Ontwerp en implementatie

mail: [hidden email]
tel: +31 (0) 614478606
http://therp.nl
https://twitter.com/therp_stefan