[Openerp-community] POS code sprint

Alexis de Lattre
Dear OpenERP community friends,

Akretion France is organising a code sprint on POS for OpenERP/Odoo v8
(i.e. trunk) from July 7th to July 10th in Lyon. This code sprint will
have 2 goals :
1) add support for credit card readers, via the Concert protocol. We
will have an Ingenico credit card reader to carry out the tests ; we
already have the specs and some sandbox Python code.
2) add support for traditional 2x20 POS displays. We will test it with
Samsung-Bixolon BCD-1100, but want to make it easy to add support for
other POS displays in the future. For that one too, we already have the
specs and some sandbox Python code.

This was initially an internal code sprint at Akretion France, but we
thought other people could be interested and join the effort. We will
welcome all participants, both those who want to join us in our office
near Lyon (35B rue Montgolfier, 69100 Villeurbanne :
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=45.7720&mlon=4.8902#map=12/45.7720/4.8902&layers=N)
or those who want to join us remotely. We will have all the needed
hardware on site to work efficiently. Confirmed participants so far are
Sébastien Beau, Sylvain Le Gal and me.

All the modules written during this code sprint will be published on
https://launchpad.net/openerp-pos (or it's github equivalent).

Alexis de Lattre

Re: [Openerp-community] POS code sprint

David Arnold - El Alemán
Hello Alexis

as a fairly poor python equipped funcional is there a chance to be able to apport anything? Or maybe make an "virtual internship" to learn on how such a code sprint is organized, etc.  I feel, I might want to advance the learning curve on how coding problems are solved efficiently.

Best, David

Re: [Openerp-community] POS code sprint

Aurélien DUMAINE
I tought Akretion wasn't interested by the POS module when it was
released in the v6... :-P
It's a great news by the way !

About the customer display, I implemented it for a customer. You can
find attached the class. It's a qwick and dirty implementation but it
worked on their Aures device (like this :
http://www.negicom.fr/afficheur-client/43-aures-afficheur-client-externe.html).
The link between the device and the computer was a serial connection. In
case of USB connection you could use a serial port simulator over USB.
It's not clean but my customer's thermal printed worked this way.

I attach also some very short doc I had found about the Concert protocol
too. Note that the next step in european SEPA normalisation will be an
harmonization of the credit card framework. However, I don't kown if
it's just about changing banks commercial practices or developing a
complete trans-european protocol for credit card readers.

I think I have also some doc about check printer if you need it...

My 2 cents.
Aurélien.

Le 29/06/2014 23:38, Alexis de Lattre a écrit :

> Dear OpenERP community friends,
>
> Akretion France is organising a code sprint on POS for OpenERP/Odoo v8
> (i.e. trunk) from July 7th to July 10th in Lyon. This code sprint will
> have 2 goals :
> 1) add support for credit card readers, via the Concert protocol. We
> will have an Ingenico credit card reader to carry out the tests ; we
> already have the specs and some sandbox Python code.
> 2) add support for traditional 2x20 POS displays. We will test it with
> Samsung-Bixolon BCD-1100, but want to make it easy to add support for
> other POS displays in the future. For that one too, we already have the
> specs and some sandbox Python code.
>
> This was initially an internal code sprint at Akretion France, but we
> thought other people could be interested and join the effort. We will
> welcome all participants, both those who want to join us in our office
> near Lyon (35B rue Montgolfier, 69100 Villeurbanne :
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=45.7720&mlon=4.8902#map=12/45.7720/4.8902&layers=N)
> or those who want to join us remotely. We will have all the needed
> hardware on site to work efficiently. Confirmed participants so far are
> Sébastien Beau, Sylvain Le Gal and me.
>
> All the modules written during this code sprint will be published on
> https://launchpad.net/openerp-pos (or it's github equivalent).
>
> Regards,

CustomDisplayDevice.py (3K) Download Attachment
ConcertSample.zip (6K) Download Attachment
Fit044_Protocole connexion caisse_RevB.pdf (130K) Download Attachment

Re: [Openerp-community] POS code sprint

agb80
Hello Alexis, count on me for join into the code sprint. I already have
done some development to create an alternative to PosBox, you can look
at here: https://github.com/Fedrojesa/ProxyPoS

The addition of the credit card reader & the display will be a great
feature for the project. I would be great to help so can reuse the code
generated.

Let me know please any extra information that I will need to know.
Thanks in advance!

On 29/06/14 16:38, Alexis de Lattre wrote:

> Dear OpenERP community friends,
>
> Akretion France is organising a code sprint on POS for OpenERP/Odoo v8
> (i.e. trunk) from July 7th to July 10th in Lyon. This code sprint will
> have 2 goals :
> 1) add support for credit card readers, via the Concert protocol. We
> will have an Ingenico credit card reader to carry out the tests ; we
> already have the specs and some sandbox Python code.
> 2) add support for traditional 2x20 POS displays. We will test it with
> Samsung-Bixolon BCD-1100, but want to make it easy to add support for
> other POS displays in the future. For that one too, we already have
> the specs and some sandbox Python code.
>
> This was initially an internal code sprint at Akretion France, but we
> thought other people could be interested and join the effort. We will
> welcome all participants, both those who want to join us in our office
> near Lyon (35B rue Montgolfier, 69100 Villeurbanne :
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=45.7720&mlon=4.8902#map=12/45.7720/4.8902&layers=N)
> or those who want to join us remotely. We will have all the needed
> hardware on site to work efficiently. Confirmed participants so far
> are Sébastien Beau, Sylvain Le Gal and me.
>
> All the modules written during this code sprint will be published on
> https://launchpad.net/openerp-pos (or it's github equivalent).
>
> Regards,

Re: [Openerp-community] POS code sprint

Bidoul, Stéphane

I notice https://launchpad.net/openerp-pos has only two unmerged branches, and is not listed in the lp to github migration dashboard [1].

I assume it is the right time to create the project on github and on http://odoo-community.org/page/website.List?

If there is agreement on this, would a community maintainer create the project?

Best regards,

-sbi

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 11:38 PM, Alexis de Lattre <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear OpenERP community friends,

Akretion France is organising a code sprint on POS for OpenERP/Odoo v8 (i.e. trunk) from July 7th to July 10th in Lyon. This code sprint will have 2 goals :
1) add support for credit card readers, via the Concert protocol. We will have an Ingenico credit card reader to carry out the tests ; we already have the specs and some sandbox Python code.
2) add support for traditional 2x20 POS displays. We will test it with Samsung-Bixolon BCD-1100, but want to make it easy to add support for other POS displays in the future. For that one too, we already have the specs and some sandbox Python code.