[Openerp-community] OpenERP future and upgrades

[Openerp-community] OpenERP future and upgrades

Jonathan Vargas
Hi there,

Since new branding name Odoo appeared and OpenERP 8 is available too, I'd like to know a few things:

1. Odoo and OpenERP will be the same piece of code on the same development place (https://github.com/odoo/odoo)?

2. Will Odoo keep working the On Premise version available for download of will it be focused on the cloud?

3. How current OpenERP 7 users could upgrade to latest stable version? Is Odoo 8 latest stable version?

Thanks.

--

Jonathan Vargas Rodríguez
CEO and Business Developent

Re: [Openerp-community] OpenERP future and upgrades

Alexandre Fayolle - camptocamp
Hello,

Quick answers (but I'm not in Fabien's mind)

1. odoo is the new name of OpenERP.
2. odoo will keep working "on premise"
3. openerp / odoo v8 is *not* available (yet). Nothing has been officially tagged as a release and the development branch is still very much a moving target. There will be a migration solution for users of v7 provided by Odoo SA.

Alexandre

On 23/06/2014 19:13, Jonathan Vargas wrote:
Hi there,

Since new branding name Odoo appeared and OpenERP 8 is available too, I'd like to know a few things:

1. Odoo and OpenERP will be the same piece of code on the same development place (https://github.com/odoo/odoo)?

2. Will Odoo keep working the On Premise version available for download of will it be focused on the cloud?

3. How current OpenERP 7 users could upgrade to latest stable version? Is Odoo 8 latest stable version?

Thanks.

--

Jonathan Vargas Rodríguez
CEO and Business Developent