[Openerp-community] OpenERP 6.1 Release Candidate (RC1) is here!

[Openerp-community] OpenERP 6.1 Release Candidate (RC1) is here!

Olivier Dony (OpenERP)

Dear OpenERP Community,

Today, we are glad to announce the availability of OpenERP 6.1 Release Candidate 1 (RC1). Highly usable, easier to learn, customized to your needs describes best the new OpenERP release

With over 50 new features including a streamlined setup and configuration process, a brand new web interface and modern mobile and social features, OpenERP 6.1 will take your business further than ever! Read more about the new features

This new version is the result of one year of improvements, and includes countless contributions from partners and community members, for which we are very grateful!

We invite you to download it, test it and send us your feedback to make the final version just perfect!

How can you help?

  • Download OpenERP 6.1 RC1 (available as a Windows installer, Debian/Ubuntu package, RPM package and source tarball)
  • Send us your feedback by reporting any issues you find via our Launchpad bug tracker.
  • Please suggest translations via Launchpad translations for areas that are not translated in your language (click View All Languages at the bottom of the list). See also our guide to learn mode about translating OpenERP.

Enjoy your first look at OpenERP 6.1! We are looking forward to your feedback and impressions!