[Openerp-community] Odoo v8 vs. saas-6 vs. OCB v8: What's the difference?

[Openerp-community] Odoo v8 vs. saas-6 vs. OCB v8: What's the difference?

Stephen Mack
I posted this on the odoo help site but would love the input of this group.

Can someone explain the difference between odoo v8 vs. saas-6 vs. OCB v8?

odoo v8https://github.com/odoo/odoo/tree/8.0
saas-6: Does not yet exist until v8 has been released.
OCB v8https://github.com/OCA/OCB/tree/8.0

I know that odoo v8 is the official release, saas-6 is the web saas version and that OCB is the community version with community bug fixes that may not have been accepted by odoo.  But can someone explain the benefits/disadvantages of using one over the other.  Are there minor version upgrade scripts built into each version?  Can I use the saas versions?  Does OCB version their releases and include upgrade scripts?

I would just like to understand each version more.  Thanks for your input!

--Stephen

Re: [Openerp-community] Odoo v8 vs. saas-6 vs. OCB v8: What's the difference?

Lionel Sausin
Hi,
saas-N versions are tagged for internal purposes by Odoo SA, they come
with no official support - no paid migration, no paid maintenance (OPW).
Just consider they're alpha releases.
v8 and OCB will allow paid migration & paid maintenance (OPW) at Odoo
SA's (that is, once v8 is released).

Also, Odoo SA said they'll regularly ports fixes from previous versions
to v8 + master, so in v8 you'll get bug fixes that will only ship in
saas-N+1.

Re: [Openerp-community] Odoo v8 vs. saas-6 vs. OCB v8: What's the difference?

Dominique Chabord

Le 28/07/2014 15:30, Stephen Mack a écrit :
> Thank you, however do the saas versions include new functionality or
> just bug fixes?

new functionality is added to saas versions by OpenERP-SA depending of
what they will to include in the saas service.

--
Dominique Chabord - SISalp

Re: [Openerp-community] Odoo v8 vs. saas-6 vs. OCB v8: What's the difference?

Nhomar Hernández

> Thank you, however do the saas versions include new functionality or
> just bug fixes?

Be careful.

SaaS Version is for early adopters, not for end users, it means if you find ugly/pretty bugs you must achieve by your self the solution, it means you need technical knowledge.

And please if you will use it tell by github what was wrong, we need testers, but try to not use it in Production yet, just pre-production enviroments.

Regards.

--
Saludos Cordiales

Nhomar G. Hernandez M.