[Openerp-community] Odoo - Race condition that eats up the whole CPU power

[Openerp-community] Odoo - Race condition that eats up the whole CPU power

Mario Arias
Hi,

I have a customer that was creating a couple new lines of products, so they created one product from each line and started "duplicating" them to create the others.

Suddently, they started to experience severe slow downs on the whole operations, and the person in charge of creating the products began to receiveĀ "Exception: CPU time limit exceeded." errors while duplicating, but sometimes it worked fine and others it reached the exception...

After close inspection, we found out that this happened when the "base" product to duplicate was in turn a duplicated from another one, that in turn came from another one...

With some more inspection, we found that this only happens if there is another language installed besides english, as the race condition is related to ir_translation, and only when the base product has been cloned around 8 to 10 times....

You can reproduce this by simply going into runbot, check that there is a second language (or just install another), and start to "duplicate" and "save"....

On the 8th to 10th interaction, you will reach the limits and will receive the exception...

I already opened an issue on GitHub, but wanted to check with you if anyone else had experienced this...

Regards,
-Mario