[Openerp-community] News from the buildout recipes

[Openerp-community] News from the buildout recipes

Georges Racinet
Hello,

The version 1.9.0 of anybox.recipe.openerp is on the verge to be
released and become the new stable.
I'm announcing the release for tomorrow, instead of right now, because
of the incompatible change about "standalone" addons. If you have some,
then you must either upgrade your configuration or freeze the recipe
version to 1.8.5.

The new features of this release took a while to get stabilized (Git
subsystem refactors and group option). A nice side effect of that is
that test coverage has never been so high.

We also seem to be ready to jump on Github (see
https://github.com/anybox/anybox.recipe.odoo). Let me take this
opportunity to remind you of the plan that was announced during the Odoo
days :

- anybox.recipe.odoo will support for Odoo >= 8 only
- anybox.recipe.openerp has support for OpenERP >= 6.0. It is hosted as
branches in the Github repo for a.r.odoo.

In other words, anybox.recipe.odoo is for now the same thing as
anybox.recipe.openerp, without all the legacy cruft and compatibility
layers. I did an alpha release in june just to test the conversion to
Git. I'll do another one also tomorrow, right after the release of
a.r.openerp.
For now a.r.odoo is a bit experimental, but advanced users are warmly
invited to give it a try.

Regards,

[1] so-called "standalone addons" now need to be put explicitely in a
"group", see
http://docs.anybox.fr/anybox.recipe.openerp/trunk/configuration.html#the-group-addons-option

On 12/02/2014 11:27 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
Great job Georges! I'm waiting to get a try with 1.9.0 and it's new features that support Git.
Thank you :-)
For the record, Git support is not new, but it's been deeply reworked for this release by Stéphane Bidoul and myself.

[...]

Hi, you replied privately, but I think it wasn't on purpose, so I'm replying directly to the lsit.

On 12/02/2014 01:15 PM, Luis Felipe Miléo wrote:
Hi,

First we want to thank you for this great job.

We are using for some months this nice tool

By testing anybox.recipe.odoo, we have the issues:

Thank you for the kind words, and for testing that !

pyPDF Download error on http://stompstompstomp.com/pyPdf/: [Errno -5] No address associated with hostname -- Some packages may not be found!
That is the consequence of the lower level stuff crawling all related sites. You can avoid it by using the allow-host directive to restrict to the few useful sites (or your own pypi mirror or equivalent)

That can be fixed by using one github repo:

extensions += mr.developer
auto-checkout = *
develop = src/pyPdf
[sources]
pyPDf = git https://github.com/mfenniak/pyPdf.git

I'll have to check the status of pypdf on pypi.python.org, though.
As a side note, the recipe has some advanced support for a similar extension (gp.vcsdevelop) for the freeze/extract features, but not for mr.developer (with no good reason, except that we were more familiar with the former).

But in the end of bin/buildout we have the following error:

Couldn't find index page for 'openerp' (maybe misspelled?)
Getting distribution for 'openerp'.
Couldn't find index page for 'openerp' (maybe misspelled?)
While:
  Installing odoo8.
  Getting distribution for 'openerp'.

Anyone have this error?
Yes, it's because Odoo changed its name in the setup.py last wednesday.
It's already fixed in a.r.openerp, but I'm not done merging all of that in a.r.odoo (still a few conflicts to resolve).

See also https://bugs.launchpad.net/anybox.recipe.openerp/+bug/1398158
and the issue to which the fix is attached https://bugs.launchpad.net/anybox.recipe.openerp/+bug/1332147

--
Georges Racinet
Anybox SAS, http://anybox.fr

On 12/01/2014 12:09 PM, Georges Racinet wrote:
The version 1.9.0 of anybox.recipe.openerp is on the verge to be
released and become the new stable.
It's been released a few minutes ago, hope it'll go well
I'm announcing the release for tomorrow, instead of right now, because
of the incompatible change about "standalone" addons. If you have some,
then you must either upgrade your configuration or freeze the recipe
version to 1.8.5.
Here I meant 1.8.6, i.e.,  the latest one in branch 1.8. Beware that it won't cope with last week's change of 'openerp' to 'odoo' in setup.py. For Odoo versions since this commit you'll have to go straight for 1.9.0

The new features of this release took a while to get stabilized (Git
subsystem refactors and group option). A nice side effect of that is
that test coverage has never been so high.

We also seem to be ready to jump on Github (see
https://github.com/anybox/anybox.recipe.odoo).
I have yet to point some tools from launchpad to github, but let's say this move is done as well.
So please, from now on report issues on Github ! I'll probably copy-paste manually some of the current issues from Launchpad bugtracker, but without an import tool, that probably won't be comprehensive (I have nothing against people doing it before me :-)
Same for merge requests (I'm thinking mostly of one)

On 12/02/2014 01:32 PM, Georges Racinet wrote:

But in the end of bin/buildout we have the following error:

Couldn't find index page for 'openerp' (maybe misspelled?)
Getting distribution for 'openerp'.
Couldn't find index page for 'openerp' (maybe misspelled?)
While:
  Installing odoo8.
  Getting distribution for 'openerp'.

Anyone have this error?
Yes, it's because Odoo changed its name in the setup.py last wednesday.
It's already fixed in a.r.openerp, but I'm not done merging all of that in a.r.odoo (still a few conflicts to resolve).

See also https://bugs.launchpad.net/anybox.recipe.openerp/+bug/1398158
and the issue to which the fix is attached https://bugs.launchpad.net/anybox.recipe.openerp/+bug/1332147

It should be okay since https://github.com/anybox/anybox.recipe.odoo/commit/a2f7ef454571b3e986a25ad41d40c14d66ecdd2e

I just successfully built one of our projects with anybox.recipe.odoo on the current master