[Openerp-community] Module project_gtd in V8

[Openerp-community] Module project_gtd in V8

Eric Flaux
Module project_gtd in V8

Hello all,

project_gtd is supposed to be replaced with notes in V8.0.

Replacing an object integrated with project, containing users, deadline, and so on with a simple field.text is not really equivalent.

I wonder how other companies using project_gtd will deal with this regression, but as we need it for our internal organization, we are going to migrate and maintain some part of it for V8.0 and beyond.

If anyone has done the job, please let me know, otherwise we will do it and propose it to OCA.

Regards,

Eric Flaux

ABF Osiell

Immeuble Omega

Rue Jean-Marie David

ZAC de la Teillais

35740 PACE

Tél: 09.72.30.30.29

Mob: 06.84.49.86.71

E-mail:[hidden email]

www.osiell.com

Re: [Openerp-community] Module project_gtd in V8

Daniel Reis (SECURITAS SA)-3
I suggest opening a Project & Service GitHub Issue as a starting point
for a collaboration on that feature:
https://github.com/OCA/project-service/issues

Regards
/DR

Em 26 de junho de 2014 11:54:37, Eric Flaux escreveu:

> Module project_gtd in V8
>
> Hello all,
>
> project_gtd is supposed to be replaced with notes in V8.0.
>
> Replacing an object integrated with project, containing users,
> deadline, and so on with a simple field.text is not really equivalent.
>
> I wonder how other companies using project_gtd will deal with this
> regression, but as we need it for our internal organization, we are
> going to migrate and maintain some part of it for V8.0 and beyond.
>
> If anyone has done the job, please let me know, otherwise we will do
> it and propose it to OCA.
>
> Regards,
>
> Eric Flaux
>
> ABF Osiell
>
> Immeuble Omega
>
> Rue Jean-Marie David
>
> ZAC de la Teillais
>
> 35740 PACE
>
> Tél: 09.72.30.30.29
>
> Mob: 06.84.49.86.71
>
> E-mail:[hidden email]
>
> www.osiell.com

Re: [Openerp-community] Module project_gtd in V8

Eric Flaux
RE: [Openerp-community] Module project_gtd in V8

Thanks Daniel for the advice.

Anyway, I wonder if an OpenERP SA module will be a good candidate for a MP in OCA as the property of the module remains to OpenERP SA (modified by anybody afterwards) and I guess the OCA CLA require the owner to grant transfer of property. Unless OpenERP SA accept the OCA CLA, it might not be possible to maintain deprecated modules within the OCA repository.

Am I right?

Eric Flaux

ABF Osiell

Immeuble Omega

Rue Jean-Marie David

ZAC de la Teillais

35740 PACE

Tél: 09.72.30.30.29

Mob: 06.84.49.86.71

E-mail:[hidden email]

www.osiell.com

I suggest opening a Project & Service GitHub Issue as a starting point
for a collaboration on that feature:
https://github.com/OCA/project-service/issues

Regards
/DR

Em 26 de junho de 2014 11:54:37, Eric Flaux escreveu:

> Module project_gtd in V8
>
> Hello all,
>
> project_gtd is supposed to be replaced with notes in V8.0.
>
> Replacing an object integrated with project, containing users,
> deadline, and so on with a simple field.text is not really equivalent.
>
> I wonder how other companies using project_gtd will deal with this
> regression, but as we need it for our internal organization, we are
> going to migrate and maintain some part of it for V8.0 and beyond.
>
> If anyone has done the job, please let me know, otherwise we will do
> it and propose it to OCA.
>
> Regards,
>
> Eric Flaux
>
> ABF Osiell
>
> Immeuble Omega
>
> Rue Jean-Marie David
>
> ZAC de la Teillais
>
> 35740 PACE
>
> Tél: 09.72.30.30.29
>
> Mob: 06.84.49.86.71
>
> E-mail:[hidden email]
>
> www.osiell.com

Re: [Openerp-community] Module project_gtd in V8

Daniel Reis (SECURITAS SA)-3
OCA is exactly the right place for modules removed from the core the
community has interst maintaining.
So you're welcome to port OpenERP's GTD module to v8 and propose it
into Project & Service.

Using a GitHub Issue for a blueprint would still be a good idea: you
could validate OpenERP's design and may bring onboard more people to
share the effort.

Regards
/DR

Em 26 de junho de 2014 14:29:25, Eric Flaux escreveu:

> RE: [Openerp-community] Module project_gtd in V8
>
> Thanks Daniel for the advice.
>
> Anyway, I wonder if an OpenERP SA module will be a good candidate for
> a MP in OCA as the property of the module remains to OpenERP SA
> (modified by anybody afterwards) and I guess the OCA CLA require the
> owner to grant transfer of property. Unless OpenERP SA accept the OCA
> CLA, it might not be possible to maintain deprecated modules within
> the OCA repository.
>
> Am I right?
>
> Eric Flaux
>
> ABF Osiell
>
> Immeuble Omega
>
> Rue Jean-Marie David
>
> ZAC de la Teillais
>
> 35740 PACE
>
> Tél: 09.72.30.30.29
>
> Mob: 06.84.49.86.71
>
> E-mail:[hidden email]
>
> www.osiell.com

OK, we are going to carry on with the OCA GitHub Issue.

I'd like to clarify the legal question at the same time anyway.

Eric Flaux

ABF Osiell

Immeuble Omega

Rue Jean-Marie David

ZAC de la Teillais

35740 PACE

Tél: 09.72.30.30.29

Mob: 06.84.49.86.71

E-mail:[hidden email]

www.osiell.com

OCA is exactly the right place for modules removed from the core the
community has interst maintaining.
So you're welcome to port OpenERP's GTD module to v8 and propose it
into Project & Service.

Using a GitHub Issue for a blueprint would still be a good idea: you
could validate OpenERP's design and may bring onboard more people to
share the effort.

Regards
/DR

Em 26 de junho de 2014 14:29:25, Eric Flaux escreveu:

> RE: [Openerp-community] Module project_gtd in V8
>
> Thanks Daniel for the advice.
>
> Anyway, I wonder if an OpenERP SA module will be a good candidate for
> a MP in OCA as the property of the module remains to OpenERP SA
> (modified by anybody afterwards) and I guess the OCA CLA require the
> owner to grant transfer of property. Unless OpenERP SA accept the OCA
> CLA, it might not be possible to maintain deprecated modules within
> the OCA repository.
>
> Am I right?
>
> Eric Flaux
>
> ABF Osiell
>
> Immeuble Omega
>
> Rue Jean-Marie David
>
> ZAC de la Teillais
>
> 35740 PACE
>
> Tél: 09.72.30.30.29
>
> Mob: 06.84.49.86.71
>
> E-mail:[hidden email]
>
> www.osiell.com

For the purpose of using and modifying AGPL work, the license owner is
irrelevant:
AGPL grants you the right to freely use and create derived work, as
long as you keep the credits and license.

Ownership only becomes relevant if you want to change the license: only
the IP owner(s) can do that.
Even so, Odoo claims that modules must follow the core product license
(https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/Odoo-Apps-Modules--Licensing-FAQ-55449),
so that's not viable even for the author.

/DR