[Openerp-community] Module for creating journal entries in an other currency

[Openerp-community] Module for creating journal entries in an other currency

choplin mat
Hi,

does anyone know if a module already exists for creating accounting entries manually (or through import) in different currency than the one of the company?

For instance, if my company is in GBP and I create an entry by populating the entry lines with amount currency=-1000 and currency=EUR, then I expect the debit to take the value of the amount currency converted into the company currency (717.37 GBP), does it make sense?

I did not see much on the forum:
https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/manual-journal-entry-in-another-currency-57626

I searched into the OCA addons but did not find a module for that, unless I missed something...

Please shout if you know one, else I will do it.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: [Openerp-community] Module for creating journal entries in an other currency

choplin mat
Hi,

I do not know if I was clear, please see in attachment the picture of what I was talking about.

Thanks,Inline images 1

On 15 April 2015 at 14:06, Eva Pinter <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Choplin mat,

This is probably not allowed by the law. A document can only be in one currency.
---
Eva P.

Affordable high quality training on Odoo-training.com

On 15 Apr 2015, at 13:49, choplin mat <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

does anyone know if a module already exists for creating accounting entries manually (or through import) in different currency than the one of the company?

For instance, if my company is in GBP and I create an entry by populating the entry lines with amount currency=-1000 and currency=EUR, then I expect the debit to take the value of the amount currency converted into the company currency (717.37 GBP), does it make sense?

I did not see much on the forum:
https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/manual-journal-entry-in-another-currency-57626

I searched into the OCA addons but did not find a module for that, unless I missed something...

Please shout if you know one, else I will do it.

Thanks,

Matt

manual_entries_other_currency.png (77K) Download Attachment

Re: [Openerp-community] Module for creating journal entries in an other currency

Yoshi Tashiro

Hi Matt,

This module targets to do what you want: https://github.com/OSCG/oscg_account_currency_fix/tree/7.0/account_currency_fix

Several months ago when I tried it, I remember there was some problem with rounding.  You may give it a try and see if it meets your needs.

Regards,

----------------------------
Yoshi Tashiro

Re: [Openerp-community] Module for creating journal entries in an other currency

choplin mat
Hi,

thanks for your answers! I am glad to not be the only one wanting this feature :)

I will make a pull request to https://github.com/OCA/account-financial-tools for v8.
BTW, I encourage everyone to follow what is going on in the OCA projects and to participate (with code reviews, bugs report, pull requests). I was really gladly impressed by the feedback of the reviewers and reactivity of the people. I have the impression that OCA is getting more and more organized and stronger.

Thanks,

On 16 April 2015 at 03:16, Yoshi Tashiro <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Matt,

This module targets to do what you want: https://github.com/OSCG/oscg_account_currency_fix/tree/7.0/account_currency_fix

Several months ago when I tried it, I remember there was some problem with rounding.  You may give it a try and see if it meets your needs.

Regards,

Yoshi Tashiro

Re: [Openerp-community] Module for creating journal entries in an other currency

choplin mat
Hi again,

Just  for reference, my PR to OCA is there for this module (multicurrency_journal_entries) on the version 8: https://github.com/OCA/account-financial-tools/pull/192/files