[Openerp-community] Migrating OCA mailing list

[Openerp-community] Migrating OCA mailing list

Nicolas Bessi - Camptocamp
Hello,

As OCA is moving forward and project are moving to github, I'm wondering what is planned about mailing list. Especially the project one that are on launchpad.

Where should the new mailing list be hosted ?
Should we migrate them on Odoo ?
etc.

Any pointer are welcome.

Regards

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Bessi
Senior ERP consultant

Camptocamp SA
PSE A
CH-1015 Lausanne

Re: [Openerp-community] Migrating OCA mailing list

David Arnold - El Alemán
If I understand you right, you mean by "migrating to odoo" to make it kind of "internal discussion groups" of the "OCA-Company"
In my opinion, this would be a good idea as...
  • ... it facilitates to group/cluster discussions on the respective projects, or even tasks levels,
  • ... a quick one2one chat discussion could reduce clutter to clarify some details, posting the clarification on the group again.
  • History presentation might be much better than in most MAs
  • no signatures
  • no default quoting of the whole history
  • integration with (possible) future community tools
    (I might love to see an Idea-Tool where a proper gate filter process could be applied on them)

+1 (strictly and globally)

Re: [Openerp-community] Migrating OCA mailing list

Daniel Reis (SECURITAS SA)-3
Regarding Project MLs, my experience is that most of them have no actual activity.
Probably the Odoo discussion Groups can work well as a replacement.
Actually, that's supposed to be the way to go for the community ML: https://www.odoo.com/groups/Community-General-59?mode=thread

Now a crazy idea:
For Project specific discussion, why not open them as Issues on GitHub and drive the discussion there.
We just need a tag for that, the thread would be neatly archived and all interested people watching the repo would be notified.

Regards
/Daniel

Em 27/06/2014 06:59, Nicolas Bessi escreveu:
[...]

​That's not crazy. It seems wise instead. However, there should be probably a implementation relevance threshold.​ Being conscient about publicity requirements and histroy relevance would be needed. Functional knowledge gain would live directly in the implementing tools. Less clutter.

David Arnold B.A. HSG
Gerente

+57 315 304 1368

​El Alemán S.A.S, Carrera 13 # 93 - 40 P4, Bogotá D.C, Colombia