[Openerp-community] MTS + MTO

Paul Catinean
Hello community

I have just started testing out the trunk wms and noticed the changes in procurement.

I might not have analyzed well enough but I do not see a solution for the make_to_stock + make_to_order procurement method

For those who do not know, it has been previously discussed that a procurement method that checks stock first and then orders is a required.Such cases include:

1) Returned products that are m2o, they return to stock and cannot be used unless making two separate lines with different procurement methods.I.E: 10 pieces back in stock, Order for 25 pieces => 10 PCE MTS + 15 PCE MTO manually

2) Same scenario in manufacturing where byproducts are defined (mrp.subproduct) and the production process creates another product that is m2o.I.E 4m board cut from 8m produces 2 PCE(s), since mto is enabled the ones on stock will never be deducted

Does the new version handle this by any chance and I missed it or is a future development?

Re: [Openerp-community] MTS + MTO

Jos Colpaert
Dear Paul,

We did not create an extra procurement method MTS+MTO.  This would also complicate matters a lot, because you would need to reserve your MTS stock (e.g. returned products / byproducts) for an MTO and take this into account.  I have not heard about such a method in other systems before either.

We moved the procurement method from the procurement to the stock move .  By default, if you create pickings manually, the stock will be taken from the source location (MTS).  You can however change to apply the procurement rules (so it will do the manufacturing and purchases for the delivery order you manually created)
That way, you can do as you described in 1 and it is possible to use a product in a mixed MTO/MTS way, but as you described, it is manually or at least you need to define somehow if it will take MTO or MTS in e.g. the routes.

We left one possibility open however: when you force the availability of a picking/move MTO, upon execution of the picking/move, it can take from the products in the MTS stock (byproducts, returned, ...).

Greetings,

Josse Colpaert