[Openerp-community] Can we create field many2one_ref inherit the class fields.many2one

[Openerp-community] Can we create field many2one_ref inherit the class fields.many2one

Robin Bahadur
Hello,

I am trying to create field many2one_ref by inheriting fields.many2one class like

class many2one_ref(fields.many2one)

I check the concept at

class one2many_mod2(fields.one2many)

while trying i come to know that one2many and many2many field is not define in FIELDS_TO_PGTYPES dictionary
inside orm. I tried that also but the getting view error. Can anybody suggest me where i am getting wrong.

Well i am doing this to fetch the data from another database, i succeed in it, but i want to develop
more generic code for community, to access data from different database.

Best Regards
Robin Bahadur
Technical Consultant (OpenERP)

Re: [Openerp-community] Can we create field many2one_ref inherit the class fields.many2one

Robin Bahadur
Hello Graeme Gellatly,

Thanks for your reply Graeme.
I check base_external_referentials module. After going through it, i come to know
that it can link to other source, like website to fetch data and insert in openerp.
But what about fetching data from other openerp database.
There is nothing about it.

What i want to create many2one_ref field that display data on search as dropdown
from remote openerp database. I already did this.
But i want to make it more generic for others.
Any help in this project is most welcome.

Best Regards
Robin Bahadur